Associate Probate Solicitor / Case Manager
Up to £34,000 plus benefits (Work Level 6A) We’re now working in a hybrid way, with colleagues dividing their time between working from home and from any of our offices (Manchester, Sheffield, Bristol or Stratford upon Avon). You can visit our Hybrid Working Policy for more information (https://colleagues.coop.co.uk/hybrid-working-policy)
We’re looking for a motivated probate solicitor / case manager to join our team. In this role, you’ll manage your own caseload end-to-end, and focus on the needs of your clients. If you can bring the legal knowledge and passion for customer service that we need, then we can offer you the opportunity to develop your career and make a positive difference for your clients.
What you’ll do
• take responsibility for a varied caseload of estate administration cases from start to finish, using a case management system
• update cases and make sure information is always recorded accurately
• engage with clients by telephone and email primarily
• work collaboratively with support from experienced members of the team to continually develop your expertise
This role would suit people who have
• qualified as a solicitor (CILEX or STEP qualification), or have equivalent legal experience with a background in probate
• great organisational skills; we'll need you to be able to work autonomously and effectively manage priorities a client-focussed approach, with the ability to put the client’s interests at the heart of what you do
• great communication skills and the ability to engage confidently with colleagues and clients
• strong IT skills, with particular focus on case management and practice management systems
• some experience of dealing with taxable estates
Here you’ll do work that matters. We’re a commercial organisation with a purpose beyond profit, you’ll have an opportunity to help us build a stronger Co-op and stronger communities. You’ll also get a package that includes:
• competitive salary
• coaching, training and support to help you develop
• pension with up to 10% employer contributions
• annual incentive scheme
• 28 days holiday (rising to 32 in line with service)
• discounts on Co-op products and services
Building an inclusive work environment
We’re actively building diverse teams and welcome applications from everyone. But simply having a diverse workforce is not enough. We aim to build an inclusive environment, where everyone can contribute their best work and develop to their full potential. We celebrate our differences, and recognise the importance of teams reflecting the communities they serve.
We can make reasonable adjustments to our interview process according to your needs. And we offer a flexible working environment so you can adjust your hours to suit your personal circumstances. You can find out more about Co-op people policies at coop.co.uk/peoplepolicies.
As part of your application you’ll need to complete an online assessment. It will take you around 12 minutes to complete this test.