Personal Injury Lawyer
£23,400 - £27,000 plus benefits (Grade F14)
Bristol or Manchester
We’re looking for a personal injury lawyer to join our successful team. At Co-op Legal Services we’re known for our ethical approach, innovative use of technology and commitment to members, customers and colleagues. We’re a leading provider of private client services, with a portfolio of commercial partnerships with blue chip clients in the financial advisory, insurance and banking sectors.
As a Co-op business we have a rich heritage of supporting local communities. Self-development is one of our core values, and we’re committed to building an inclusive workplace where colleagues from diverse backgrounds will thrive. Careers at Co-op Legal offer you the opportunity to learn, grow and succeed in a business that puts people first. In this role, we’ll look to you to engage with clients in a professional and clear way; simplifying legal jargon and helping people understand their cases every step of the way.
What you’ll do:
• conduct litigation in road traffic accident (RTA) personal injury cases to successfully achieve the right compensation for clients
• contribute to the department’s revenue targets
• manage a varied caseload of mixed liability and quantum disputes, and post litigation matters
• draft court documents with the support of team leaders, and undertake simple court hearings
• use your experience and expertise to decide which cases to progress with
This role will suit people who have:
• experience in personal injury (preferably in RTA)
• a real passion for developing a career in personal injury law
• knowledge of the relevant protocols and civil procedure rules
• the ability to work confidently in a target led environment
• great communication skills, both written and verbal
• excellent team working skills with the ability to collaborate with a range of colleagues
Here you’ll do work that matters. We’re a commercial organisation with a purpose beyond profit, you’ll have an opportunity to help us build a stronger Co-op and stronger communities. You’ll also get a package that includes:
• competitive salary
• coaching, training and support to help you develop
• free access to the 5-star Aztec hotel and spa, including gym, classes, pool, and spa facilities (Bristol only)
• free onsite parking (Bristol only)
• pension with up to 10% employer contributions
• annual incentive scheme
• 28 days holiday (rising to 32 in line with service)
• discounts on Co-op products and services
Building an inclusive work environment
We’re actively building diverse teams and welcome applications from everyone. But simply having a diverse workforce is not enough. We aim to build an inclusive environment, where everyone can contribute their best work and develop to their full potential. We celebrate our differences and recognise the importance of teams reflecting the communities they serve.
We can make adjustments to our interview process according to your needs. And we offer a flexible working environment, so you can adjust your hours to suit your personal circumstances. You can find out more about Co-op people policies at coop.co.uk/peoplepolicies.
As part of your application you’ll need to complete an online assessment. It will take you around 12 minutes to complete this test.