Assistant Store Manager - Braemar
£18,800 to £24,000 & great benefits
Located within the heart of the Cairngorms National Park, Braemar is a stone’s throw away from Her Majestys holiday home, Balmoral Castle. Surrounded by an abundance of wildlife and stunning mountain scenery, the village is close to Scotland’s largest ski area, attracting a lot of tourism to the area every year. Not only will you support in managing our Co-op store, you’ll have the opportunity to make a real difference within the local community too. It’s perfect for someone who is looking to move into a management role and further their career with a company that puts their colleagues, customers and communities at the heart of everything they do.
We’ve gone through a lot of positive change over the last few years; we’ve rebranded, relaunched membership and we’re exploring more ways to do business. As an assistant store manager, you’ll be working alongside your store manager to provide a consistently great customer experience in store. We’ll look for you to make sure our colleagues fully understand what good customer service looks like, and the impact that poor service has on our business. As a manager, it’ll be your responsibility to formulate a plan to involve the store in the local community, and actively lead your team to increase membership engagement. Above all, you’ll be a role model to the team by taking pride in the way we present, handle and discuss our food with members and customers. It truly is an amazing time to join us as a store manager and to find out more about what it’s like to work here visit coop.co.uk/storemanager
What you’ll do:
- develop a strong working relationship with the store manager
- mentor and coach your team to deliver fantastic customer service in store
- create a great working environment for your team
- build strong links with the local community, and other nearby Co-op businesses
- lead the team to increase membership sign ups and engagement
- be a role model to your team to take pride in preparing, handling and presenting our food
- create a store environment that is safe and secure, for colleagues and our customers
- react quickly and positively to changing priorities in store
- alongside the store manager, look into new ways to increase sales, and improve store performance
- deputise for the store manager in their absence
- manage post office enquiries and transactions
To get going quickly, we’ll need you to be a confident and engaging leader, with a consistent record of developing and leading teams of various sizes and ability. Community is a huge focus for us at the Co-op. So we’ll look for you to understand the importance of building relationships and supporting your local community. You’ll also have examples of where you've helped to increase business performance.
We’d love to hear from you if:
- you’ve got some previous experience as a supervisor or leader
- you have experience of working within a retail or post office environment, but this isn’t essential
- you’ve previously managed teams of various sizes and ability
- you enjoy working with your local community and understand the reasons for doing this
- you’ve previously helped to improve business performance
- you enjoy working shoulder to shoulder with your colleagues on the shop floor
- you can effectively manage changing and often conflicting priorities
When you join the Co-op you’ll become part of an organisation where principles are just as important as profits. You’ll also get a competitive rate of pay, great holiday allowance, a pension with up to 10% employer contributions and discounts on all kinds of products and services.
We’re actively building diverse teams and welcome applications from everyone. But simply having a diverse workforce is not enough. We want to create an inclusive environment, where everyone can contribute their best work and develop to their full potential. We celebrate our differences, and recognise the importance of our teams reflecting the communities they trade in.
We can make reasonable adjustments to our interview process according to your needs. And we offer a flexible working environment, enabling our colleagues to adjust their hours to accommodate personal circumstances. You can find out more about all our Co-op people policies at coop.co.uk/peoplepolicies.
Once you’ve completed your
application we’ll email you inviting you to take part in an online assessment.
You’ll need to complete the assessment within 3 days of applying – it should
only take around 12 minutes. The assessment is designed to help us (and you)
understand how closely your personal values and motivations match our own. Once
you’ve completed the assessment you’ll receive a report outlining your results,
and we’ll get in touch to let you know the outcome no later than 3 working days
following the closing date for this role.