Transport Team Manager - Back Shift
£25,000 - £31,000 plus 15% shift allowance and great benefits
Back shift 2pm - 10pm, 5 over 7 days
Biggleswade depot SG18 9SX
We’re looking for a number of team managers to lead the transport team at our new flagship depot in Biggleswade.
As a transport team manager, you’ll lead a team of drivers and support staff to make sure products reach our customers safely, on time and in perfect condition. You’ll inspire and lead your team to perform at their best and give them the opportunities to develop their skills.
We’re looking for people who love to coach, motivate and develop teams. You’ll need great communication skills, however, previous experience in a transport role is not required. We aim to make Biggleswade a welcoming and fully inclusive environment – it’s important our team represents the communities it serves, so we welcome and encourage applications from people of all backgrounds.
Opening in January 2022, Biggleswade will be a multi-chamber pick and cross dock operation. Spread over 660,000 square feet with ambient, chilled and frozen chambers, it’ll be home to over 1,000 colleagues and serve more than 350 Co-op stores as the largest and most sustainable depot in our network.
What you’ll do
• influence our ways of working and contribute to building a positive colleague experience by providing visible leadership
• lead a team of drivers to deliver high standards and efficient operations
• build positive relationships with your team as well as other colleagues and external partners
• work with your team to deliver a first-class service to our customers
• work with the wider depot team to deliver against performance targets
• help to build a transparent, safety-first culture and make sure our health and safety and legal policies and practices are followed
• gain insights from colleagues to support the operation with continuous improvement
This role would suit someone who has
• a passion for working with people and getting the best out of them
• the ability to lead others confidently and achieve high levels of colleague engagement
• the motivation to coach and develop your team and help them to progress their careers
• the passion and drive to deliver great results
• strong communication skills, with the ability to deal with colleagues at all levels
Here you’ll do work that matters. We’re a unique organisation with a purpose beyond profit, and you’ll have an opportunity to help us build a stronger Co-op and stronger communities. You’ll also get a package that includes:
• a competitive salary
• an annual paid community day where you can get out and support local good causes
• great holiday allowance (rising in line with service)
• discounts on Co-op products and services
• a pension with up to 10% employer contributions
• extensive wellbeing and support benefits
Building an inclusive workplace
We’re actively building diverse teams and we welcome applications from everyone. We want to create an inclusive workplace where everyone can give their best and realise their full potential, and the depot has been designed with colleague welfare at the heart of the operation.
Colleague focussed facilities have been built into the fabric of the site, including outdoor break areas, a wellness area and contemplation room, ample showers, and large and open unisex locker rooms and gender-neutral toilets.
We can make reasonable adjustments to our interview process according to your needs. And we offer a flexible working environment so you can adjust your hours to suit your personal circumstances. You can find out more about Co-op people policies at coop.co.uk/peoplepolicies