Transport Support Assistant - Back shift
£25,701 annual salary* plus great benefits
Back shift 2pm - 10pm, 5 over 7 days
Biggleswade depot SG18 8YY
We’re looking for transport support assistants to join the team at our new flagship depot in Biggleswade.
In this role you’ll be part of a close-knit team, providing admin support to managers across the transport department, making sure the operation runs smoothly. We’re looking for people who love to support others and are motivated by working in a team. You’ll need to be a good communicator who can work confidently with colleagues at all levels.
In return for your hard work you’ll also get great onboarding training and support, fantastic on-site facilities, a competitive salary and benefits package, and a manager who listens to you and works with you to protect your wellbeing.
We want to make Biggleswade a welcoming and fully inclusive environment – it’s important our team represents the communities it serves, so we welcome and encourage applications from people of all backgrounds.
What you’ll do
- provide support to the transport team and shift managers to make sure the transport operation runs smoothly
- interact with drivers; pre-briefing and de-briefing before departure and on return, using telematics systems
- build positive relationships with people in transport as well as other colleagues and external partners
- work with team and shift managers to help deliver against performance targets
- get insights from colleagues to support the operation with continuous improvement
- work across multiple departments in the depot supporting on a variety of tasks
- help to create a positive colleague experience as a key depot colleague
This role would suit someone who has
- previous transport experience would be beneficial, but not essential
- the ability to use MS Office applications (including Word, Excel and Powerpoint)
- a passion for working with people and pride in their delivery standards
- the ability to work in a fast-paced team environment
- good communication skills, with the ability to interact with colleagues at all levels
- a desire to support the Co-op’s purpose: co-operating for a fairer world
Here you’ll do work that matters. We’re a unique organisation with a purpose beyond profit, and you’ll have an opportunity to help us build a stronger Co-op and stronger communities. You’ll also get a package that includes:
- a competitive salary
- 31 days holiday including bank holidays (rising in line with service)
- discounts on Co-op products and services
- a pension with up to 10% employer contributions
- extensive wellbeing and support benefits
- Wagestream - a money management app that gives you access to a percentage of your pay as you earn it
Building an inclusive workplace
We’re actively building diverse teams and we welcome applications from everyone. We want to create an inclusive workplace where everyone can give their best and realise their full potential, and the depot has been designed with colleague welfare at the heart of the operation.
Colleague focussed facilities have been built into the fabric of the site, including outdoor break areas, a wellness area and contemplation room, ample showers, and large and open unisex locker rooms and gender-neutral toilets.
We can make reasonable adjustments to our interview process according to your needs. You can find out more about Co-op people policies at coop.co.uk/people policies
*Salary calculation is based on a 37.5 hour week, with rostered weekend working included. Therefore earnings could change depending on the shift pattern/rota we agree with you.