Warehouse Team Manager
£28,219 plus benefits
Day shift: 6am-2pm. 5 over 7 days
We’re looking for a warehouse team manager to join our team in Andover. Standing at 478,000 square foot and serving over 1800 stores, predominately in the south, as well as other depot’s, Andover plays a big role in keeping our customers happy. At the Co-op we believe in putting our customers, colleagues and communities at the heart of everything we do and we inspire our teams to share their ideas to help us improve the way we work. If you can bring the combination of logistics and people management experience we need, we can offer you a chance to build a career with a business that puts people at the heart of its strategy.
In this role you’ll be responsible for a sizeable team of warehouse operatives, making sure that all products are picked and packed in a safe and secure manner. You’ll work with your team to improve results and ultimately increase the satisfaction of our stores, and our customers. We’ll look for you to engage with your team; leading and coaching them to deliver better results week on week.
What you’ll do:
• manage a sizeable team of warehouse operatives
• inspire, engage and coach your team to be highly efficient
• work towards tight deadlines and critical measures
• develop and build positive relationships with various internal business partners
• drive warehouse standards, procedures and policies- particularly health and safety
• analyse performance data
• identify areas to improve process within your team and the warehouse operations
• plan and organise the delivery of own and your teams work load
This role would suit someone who have:
• previously managed a sizeable team, preferably from a logistics or FMCG background
• the ability to work at pace and accuracy
• a great track record of reaching and exceeding critical performance measures
• an understanding and great knowledge of warehouse policies and procedures
• great planning skills and able to organise your own and teams workload
• an understanding of how poor service can impact stores and customers
• strong and confident communication skills
• excellent IT skills
As a Co-op colleague you’ll do work that matters in an organisation where principles are just as important as profits. You’ll also get a package that includes:
• a competitive salary
• great holiday allowance
• discounts on Co-op products and services
• a pension with up to 10% employer contributions
Building an inclusive workplace
We’re actively building diverse teams and welcome applications from everyone. But simply having a diverse workforce is not enough. We want to create an inclusive environment, where everyone can contribute their best work and develop to their full potential. We celebrate our differences, and recognise the importance of our teams reflecting the communities they serve.
We can make reasonable adjustments to our interview process according to your needs. And we offer a flexible working environment so you can adjust your hours to suit your personal circumstances. You can find out more about Co-op people policies at coop.co.uk/peoplepolicies.
As part of your application you’ll need to complete an online assessment. It will take you around 12 minutes to complete this test.