£9.94 hourly rate plus £1.49 / hour weekend shift allowance and £1.49 / hour back shift allowance between 6pm-10pm
Back shift 2pm – 10pm, 5 over 7 days
We’re looking for warehouse operatives to join the team in our Andover depot. At the Co-op we believe in putting our customers, colleagues and communities at the heart of everything we do and we inspire our teams to share their ideas to help us improve the way we work. If you can bring us the first class team working skills we need, along with the love of working towards key performance measures, we can offer you the chance to build a career with a business that always puts people at the heart of its strategy.
What you’ll do:
• fulfil orders in either an ambient, chilled or frozen warehouse
• assemble and pick stock safely and securely for individual store orders
• load and unload delivery vehicles with cages and pallets stock as required
• distribute stock and produce to the correct location in the warehouse
• keeping the work place clean and tidy- cleaning spillages and collecting refuse
• work as a team to deliver critical performance measures
• follow strict health and safety procedures
• understand the impact on business performance if deliveries or stock are missed
This role would suit people who have:
• a background to comfortably perform manual tasks
• got amazing communication skills
• the ability to work with limited supervision
• experience working as part of a large team
• a background in working towards team and individual performance measures
• experience in a similar role and environment, but this isn’t essential
• a willingness to learn and progress your career
• an understanding that your actions may have an impact on business performance
As a Co-op colleague you’ll do work that matters in an organisation where principles are just as important as profits. You’ll also get a package that includes:
• competitive rates of pay
• additional shift allowances
• 31 days holiday (rising in line with service) including bank holidays
• discounts on Co-op products and services
• a pension with up to 10% employer contributions
Building an inclusive workplace
We’re actively building diverse teams and welcome applications from everyone. But simply having a diverse workforce is not enough. We want to create an inclusive environment, where everyone can contribute their best work and develop to their full potential. We celebrate our differences, and recognise the importance of our teams reflecting the communities they serve.
We can make reasonable adjustments to our interview process according to your needs. And we offer a flexible working environment so you can adjust your hours to suit your personal circumstances. You can find out more about Co-op people policies at coop.co.uk/peoplepolicies.
As part of your application you’ll need to complete an online assessment. It will take you around 12 minutes to complete this test.