Value Chain Manager
From £39,000 plus benefits (Grade D17l)
Multiple roles available, including permanent and 12 month fixed-term contract
We’re looking for value chain managers to join us and help us to drive innovative cost saving initiatives across our supply chain. It’s an exciting time at the Co-op. Our business is moving from strength to strength, and we’re focussing on making our retail operation run more efficiently than ever, so that we can create value and invest in other exciting projects that’ll benefit our customers, members, and colleagues across the communities that we serve.
Value chain is all about working with our brilliant supply base to identify and deliver opportunities to create value. In this role, you’ll work collaboratively with our supply base to spot opportunities and deliver projects designed to create value. You’ll be working cross-functionally with a wide variety of suppliers and internal partners, managing projects from start to finish: this means you’ll in involved with every step of the process, from initial product design, to packaging, ordering and logistics. It’s a big job. But an even bigger opportunity for you to develop your skills and gain incredible exposure across every area of our retail business.
What you’ll do
- take responsibility for the end-to-end delivery of value creating initiatives,taking full ownership of projects from inception to delivery
- become a subject matter expert in your category, engaging with colleagues to grow your knowledge in this area
- focus on continuous improvement, using your commercial acumen to spot opportunities to save cost and drive efficiencies
- act as a representative of value chain, helping to build your team’s brand and get exposure across the wider business
- influence internal partners and challenge when necessary to drive great results
This role would suit people who have
- the ability to confidently manage processes end-to-end
- curiosity and a passion for finding innovative ways of improving things
- a keen interest in and understanding of retail, with a commercial mind-set
- enthusiasm and drive; you’re self-motivated and can work effectively both autonomously and as part of a team
- the confidence to influence and challenge a range of key partners both internally and externally at varying levels of seniority
- excellent organisational skills with the ability to manage conflicting priorities
Here you’ll do work that matters. We’re a commercial organisation with a purpose beyond profit, you’ll have an opportunity to help us build a stronger Co-op and stronger communities. You’ll also get a package that includes:
- competitive salary
- coaching, training and support to help you develop
- pension with up to 10% employer contributions
- annual incentive scheme
- 28 days holiday (rising to 32 in line with service)
- discounts on Co-op products and services
Building an inclusive work environment
We’re actively building diverse teams and welcome applications from everyone. But simply having a diverse workforce is not enough. We aim to build an inclusive environment, where everyone can contribute their best work and develop to their full potential. We celebrate our differences, and recognise the importance of teams reflecting the communities they serve.
We can make reasonable adjustments to our interview process according to your needs. And we offer a flexible working environment so you can adjust your hours to suit your personal circumstances. You can find out more about Co-op people policies at colleagues.coop.co.uk.
As part of your application you’ll need to complete an online assessment. It will take you around 12 minutes to complete this test.