We’re looking for caring people to join the Co-op Funeralcare team. You don’t need experience to do this job, just a genuine desire to help people at the time they need it most.
As funeral service crew you’ll spend time supporting both the funeral itself and the care of the deceased. Working as part of a close-knit team, you’ll help to ensure we provide a seamless, sensitive service to our clients.
What you’ll do:
• Collect the deceased from a range of locations and scenarios in a professional, empathetic and dignified manner
• Form part of the funeral service – bearing coffins and driving funeral vehicles in a dignified and professional manner
• Prepare coffins and engrave name plates according to clients’ needs
• Prepare the deceased in our care for both viewings and the funeral
• Maintain the cleanliness of equipment and facilities, including our ceremonial vehicles
This role would suit people who have:
• A genuine desire to help people at a difficult time in their lives
• A professional and caring approach to client/customer service
• The ability take instructions and follow them to the letter, with high attention to detail
• The ability to react calmly and compassionately in emotional circumstances
• The ability to perform the physical aspects of the role (manual lifting)
• A full UK manual driving licence
As a Funeralcare colleague, you’ll get a fantastic benefits package including:
• 23 days holidays (pro rata, rising with service)
• A pension with up to 10% employer contributions
• Access to wellbeing support and other benefits
• Discounts on Co-op products and services
Building an inclusive work environment
We’re actively building diverse teams and welcome applications from everyone. But simply having a diverse workforce is not enough. We want to create an inclusive environment, where everyone can contribute their best work and develop to their full potential. We celebrate our differences, and recognise the importance of our teams reflecting the communities they serve.
We can make reasonable adjustments to our interview process according to your needs. You can find out more about our people policies at coop.co.uk/peoplepolicies.